Re: [squid-users] Block skype

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:59:38 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi guys,
>
> Is it possible block skype using acl header in squid?
>
> I don't like put in my squid.conf the configuration bellow because
> will block some sites with IP configuration.
>
> acl numeric_IPs urlpath_regex ^[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+

PATH portion regex will never match the HOST part.

> acl connect method CONNECT
> http_access deny connect numeric_IPs all

Only the raw-IP detection control has any reliability.
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Chat/Skype

The websites which use raw IPs as their domain name are also most often
seen in spam and domain hijacking attacks. Its not a good idea to let them
through. Lobby the site people to setup their DNS properly.

Amos