Re: [squid-users] CARP setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:47:29 +0200

On tis, 2008-10-14 at 14:10 +0530, Paras Fadte wrote:

> Also , should the squid server with the below configuration be made
> not to cache anything fetched from the parent caches by specifying
> "proxy-only" option ?

proxy-only means that nothing fetched from that peer will be cached
locally in this Squid.

> Is that something that a CARP setup demands?

No. The two is not related and can be combined as you please. But in
most setups you do not want proxy-only.

> How
> do I make a particular request be forwarded to a particular parent
> cache ?

cache_peer_domain / cache_peer_access. Or by using CARP if it's just
important the same request always hits the same parent, not exactly
which of the parents this is..