[squid-users] How to turn off HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR on squid 3 and setup it as high-anonymous proxy?

From: zulkarnain <sizulku_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've squid-2.6 that working as high-anonymous (elite proxy - HTTP Servers of this type do not send HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR, HTTP_VIA and HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION variables) proxy. My squid's ip address is did not detected, the variables shown as below;

HTTP_FORWARDED: (none)
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: (none)
HTTP_CLIENT_IP: (none)
HTTP_VIA: (none)
HTTP_XROXY_CONNECTION: (none)
HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION: (none)

I just migrate to squid-3.0, and my squid become a non-anonymous. The variables that was appear when I tested it is:

HTTP_FORWARDED: (none)
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: unknown
HTTP_CLIENT_IP: (none)
HTTP_VIA: (none)
HTTP_XROXY_CONNECTION: (none)
HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION: (none)

I just wondering how to turn off HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR on squid-3.0 and setup it as high-anonymous proxy? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Regards,
Zul