[squid-users] Squid working in Firefox not Internet Explorer 7

From: Myles Tippett <mtippett_at_essentialtravel.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:56:37 +0100

Hi there,

I've looked for someone asking a similar question here but can't find a
decent answer. I've set up Squid on a Windows XP box and I've blocked a
few URL's. My Firefox browser blocks these sites when the proxy IP &
port are inputted to my settings. However if I do the same in Internet
Explorer 7 it doesn't make any difference, the sites aren't blocked and
by the looks of the logs nothing is being recorded from Internet
Explorer. The IP and port are the same as Firefox and I've removed all
exceptions.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Awzm