Re: [squid-users] Disk Space problem in a squid-proxy server

From: Angela Williams <angie_at_eoh.co.za>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:41:43 +0200

On Friday 17 October 2008, jmaan_at_nits.ac.in wrote:

> The output of the command df in my proxy server is as follows:-
>
> [[root_at_stud-pxy squid]# df
> Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-root
> 19838052 6579328 12234724 35% /
> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-var
> 14855176 12993112 1095296 93% /var
> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-home
> 34756272 29035932 3926292 89% /home
> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-tmp
> 4062912 139748 3713452 4% /tmp
> /dev/sda1 101086 22511 73356 24% /boot
> tmpfs 253424 12 253412 1% /dev/shm
>

> Now the thing is that earlier I used to delete the files generated on
> time-t-time basis under /var/spool/squid directory to create more space
> for the squid server to run.
>
> But now, there are no core.* files generated in /var/spool/squid
> directory, so what should i do to create more space under /var partition,
> as of now it shows up as 93%.
>
> At the most the squid server would run for another day and then stop
> running!!!!!!
>
> Please suggest some pointers to delete some files under /var partition to
> create more space !!!!!!

Log files in /var/log? What about the squid store log which you do not need!
Update your squid.conf to make the store log none

Have a look at your squid.conf file and look for this line
cache_dir

My one I have configured like this.
cache_dir aufs /data/squid 5000 15 256
To give 5G in /data/squid

If you change it you will need to trash the current cache and create new with
squid -z

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview