Re: [squid-users] newbie: configuring squid to always check w/origin server

From: dukehoops <nikita_at_doppelganger.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

Henrik,

Thanks for a prompt response. Unfortunatley, seems like we're still missing
something:

The origin server is including

CacheControl: max-age=0
ETag: <etag-value>

in it's response.

The problems are

1) Squid is not sending

If-None-Match: <etag-value>

in subsequent requests (unless the browser includes this in it's request in
which case squid just passes it on)

2) When the origin server return 302, squid just passes 302 back to the
browser rather than serving up its cached copy of the image.

Any further tips?
thanks
-nikita

-----