[squid-users] Proxyservr Disk Space Problem

From: <jmaan_at_nits.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 01:24:01 -0400 (EDT)

This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

May I know under which directory should I execute te command as given by you.

Actually, rotation is being done for the log files but still, the
access.log file generated at times are too big on daily basis.

squid -k rotate
will rotate all .log files for you, you can delete the *.0 files afterwards.

Never delete files without knowing what you are doing ; deleting files
from under squid's nose will lead to unpredictable behaviour :)

You really should read the manuals, and especially the parts related to
logs files and cache_dir entries, to understand what you are doing.

Francois

Thanks,

jmaan