Re: [squid-users] Objects Release from Cache Earlier Than Expected

From: BUI18 <lbui18_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

I not sure what you mean by a newer copy of the same URL? Can you elaborate on that a bit? As far as I know, the aspx pages displays a list of buttons for each video file. When the user clicks on the button, it references the URL. I've seen it where the user click the link and gets a TCP_REFRESH_HIT, but if I come back a day later (well within my min/max settings), I get a TCP_REFRESH_MISS. I also previously posted additional info from the store.log. Which shows the object being cached and then released after a short time. ----- Original Message ---- From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> To: BUI18 <lbui18@yahoo.com> Cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 4:55:41 PM Subject: Re: [squid-users] Objects Release from Cache Earlier Than Expected On mån, 2008-10-20 at 16:02 -0700, BUI18 wrote: > Hi - > > I have been trying to track down an issue with Squid 2.6 STABLE18 and > why users were getting TCP_REFRESH_MISS instead of TCP_REFRESH_HIT on > files that were recently cached. We first noticed that users were > getting misses when we expected them to receive hits. TCP_REFRESH_MISS is a cache validation which indicated the object has been updated on the origin server. > I have set the min and max age to be 5 and 7 days respectively. When > I look in the store.log file, I do see objects which were known to > have been cached today (base on time/date stamp in the file name), yet > they have status code of RELEASE. And you are sure it wasn't simply replaced with a newer copy of the same URL? Regards Henrik __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com