Re: [squid-users] How can I block a https site?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:35:23 +0200

On 21.10.08 14:58, Ricardo Augusto de Souza wrote:
> How do i block HTTPS sites?

if you mean any HTTPS sites, just deny the CONNECT method.

if you want to block HTTPS to specific sites, Lucas Brasiliano posted
somethign that should work and that you seem have ignored ...

> I am using this I squid.conf:
> acl bad_sites dstdomain "/etc/squid/bad_sites.txt"
> http_access deny bad_sites
>
> # cat bad_sites.txt
> .youporn.com
> .rapidshare.com
> .googlevideo.com
> .photobucket.com
> .dailymotion.com
> .logmein.com
> .megavideo.com
> .audio.uol.com.br
> .imo.im
> #
>
> But I am able to connect https://imo.im

are you using proxy for HTTPS ?

Also, do you block CONNECT to IP address? If not, usersd can avoid the
blockage...