Re: [squid-users] Objects Release from Cache Earlier Than Expected

From: BUI18 <lbui18_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

Henrik - Thanks for taking time out to respond to my questions. I'm completely stumped on this one.

In our production environment, we set min and max to 5 and 7 days, respectively.

As I understand it, if the request is made for the object in say....3 days or 4 days (less than 5 days), I would always expect a TCP_HIT.

But again, after 1 to 2 days, I see TCP_REFRESH_MISS and I get the whole object.

I thought that by setting the min to 5 days would guarantee freshness up to 5 days.

Do you know of a problem that maybe causes Squid to ignore the rules on determining whether an object is fresh?

We used fiddler and actually removed the "If-Modified-Since" part of the request and still we get TCP_REFRESH_MISS.

Do you have any other ideas on areas we might want to check to see what could possibly be causing this behavior?

Thanks