[squid-users] squid and vbulletin

From: TheGash35 <richgrech_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:02:41 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a directive I need to use to make sure that squid is properly
sending http headers to the web server?

More specifically, I am running vbulletin and using squid as a reverse
proxy. However it is causing some registration and login issues because
vBulletin sees all registrations as coming from the IP address of the
reverse proxy server.

vBulletin already has code built in that looks for HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR ,
but it looks like my squid is not configured to pass this because all
activity is coming from the proxy server IP, not the user's IP address.

I've been looking all over the squid config guide but I can't seem to figure
out what I need to put in my squid.conf file to pass the fwding IP address.

Thanks in advance for help.