[squid-users] Squid.Conf Needed For Proxy to Proxy Cache (Not Via ICP)

From: <wiskbroom_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:32:27 -0400

Hello;

I am looking to force all requests sent to an internal proxy to another internal proxy. The two proxies are separated via a WAN link and each one is managed by different admins. I am not able to use ICP.

I will not be able to resolve via DNS any of the URLs parsed by my internal Squid proxy. I would prefer to have a method whereby I just redirect my traffic to the other proxy, without having to add the final dest URL that I want traffic sent to.

The reason for the proxy in the first place is due to a restrictive ACL that limits us to just a handful of IPs originating from our site. This is entirely security related and not due to any licensing, etc.

I read the reverse proxy paper, and while this addresses some abilities, it does not for all.

Does anyone have a squid.conf that would address this requirement?

I am running Squid 2.7.STABLE5

Many thanks all in advance,

.vp