Re: [squid-users] Ignoring query string from url

From: Nitesh Naik <nitesh_at_zedo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:40:30 +0530

Squid should give out same object for different query string.
Basically it should strip query string and cache the object so that
same object is delivered to the client browser for different query
string.

I used squirm which is better I could see some performance improvement
but I am getting errors on tier 1 cache such as

TIMEOUT_FIRST_PARENT_MISS/10.0.0.169

I have configure hierarchical cache and following are rules set of tire 1 cache.

cache_peer 10.0.0.169 parent 80 3130 connect-timeout=2 round-robin
cache_peer 10.0.0.171 parent 80 3130 connect-timeout=2 round-robin

squirm.patterns contains following rule to strip query string.

regex (.*)\?(.*) \1

Regards
Nitesh

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar_at_fantomas.sk> wrote:

> On 24.10.08 13:40, nitesh naik wrote:
> > Is there way to ignore query string in url so that objects are cached
> > without query string ? I am using external perl program to strip them query
> > string from url which is slowing down response time. I have started 1500
> > processes of redirect program.
> >
> > If I run squid without redirect program to strip query string , the squid
> > response is much faster but all the requests goes to the origin server.
>
> Pardon? Different query strings can lead to different responses. Do you want
> squid to produce still the same page of results when you google fort
> different things?
>
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> 10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!

Nitesh