[squid-users] Delivering ident to url_rewrite_program

From: Stefan Adams <stefan_at_cogentinnovators.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:00:43 -0500

In squid 3.0STABLE9:
Following "Redirector interface is broken re IDENT values" from
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidRedirectors, I can see ident
requests appearing in access.log, but with a url_rewrite_program of
/usr/bin/tee, the ident field is ALWAYS '-'. I have never been able
to get the ident field in the output of /usr/bin/tee to display the
ident field that is shown in the access.log when using squid 3.0.

In squid 2.5STABLE10:
Using the exact same ident instructions from the FAQ, the ident column
is correct in both the access.log AND in the output of /usr/bin/tee as
the rewrite_program.

So... Is this a bug in 3.0 or is there a directive that I am missing
that is not in the FAQ?

Thanks!
Stefan

# cat /tmp/squid-3.0.conf
debug_options 29,3 30,3 28,3 33,3
acl termserv src 192.168.0.112
acl reqident ident cogent
ident_lookup_access allow termserv
ident_lookup_access deny all
http_access allow reqident termserv
http_access deny reqident
url_rewrite_access allow all
url_rewrite_children 1
http_port 3128
access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid
url_rewrite_program /usr/bin/tee -a /tmp/redirector.log
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid

# cat /tmp/squid-2.5.conf
debug_options 29,3 30,3 28,3 33,3
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl termserv src 192.168.0.112
acl reqident ident REQUIRED
http_access allow reqident termserv
http_access deny reqident
redirect_children 1
redirect_program /usr/bin/tee -a /tmp/redirector.log

# cat /tmp/redirector.log
http://checkip.cogent.com/favicon.ico 192.168.0.112/- - GET
myip=192.168.0.1 myport=3128
http://checkip.cogent.com/favicon.ico 192.168.0.112/- HP_Administrator GET