Re: [squid-users] Delivering ident to url_rewrite_program

From: Stefan Adams <stefan_at_cogentinnovators.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:11:59 -0500

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Stefan Adams wrote:
>>
>> In squid 3.0STABLE9:
>> Following "Redirector interface is broken re IDENT values" from
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidRedirectors, I can see ident
>> requests appearing in access.log, but with a url_rewrite_program of
>> /usr/bin/tee, the ident field is ALWAYS '-'. I have never been able
>> to get the ident field in the output of /usr/bin/tee to display the
>> ident field that is shown in the access.log when using squid 3.0.
>>
>> In squid 2.5STABLE10:
>> Using the exact same ident instructions from the FAQ, the ident column
>> is correct in both the access.log AND in the output of /usr/bin/tee as
>> the rewrite_program.
>>
>> So... Is this a bug in 3.0 or is there a directive that I am missing
>> that is not in the FAQ?
>
> Your 2.5 configuration has "ident REQUIRED" which is missing from the 3.0
> config. This will result in squid 3.0 not waiting for the ident response to
> arrive before passing it to the redirector.

I've tried each
   acl reqident ident cogent AND acl reqident ident REQUIRED
with squid 3.0. Neither of these caused squid to wait for the ident response.

I don't quite follow your response; were you saying that it would work
if my config shown below had acl reqident ident REQUIRED?
Unfortunately, that also did not work. I got the same results where
squid did not wait for an ident response.

Thank you for your response!

Stefan