Re: [squid-users] Ignoring query string from url

From: Nitesh Naik <nitesh_at_zedo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:57:42 +0530

Henrik / Matus ,

For certain request we don't want client browser to look for object in
its cache and everything should be served fresh. CDN will determine
expire time for the object. Some of these objects doesn't send out
Last modified header. In our case it is not important to pass query
string to the origin as query string is random number used for
bursting client side cache.

Is there any sample code available for url rewriter helper which will
process requests in parallel ? I am still not clear as how to write
help program which will process requests in parallel using perl ? Do
you think squirm with 1500 child processes works differently
compared to the solution you are talking about ?

Regards
Nitesh

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> On mån, 2008-10-27 at 12:30 +0530, nitesh naik wrote:
>> We use query string in each url for bursting cache at client end (
>> browser) hence its not important for us and it won't provide any
>> incorrect results. We already use similar configuration at CDN level.
>
> Why do you do this?
>

>> Henrik suggested some clever idea to make changes to
>> url_rewrite_program to process request in parallel but unfortunately i
>> am not sure how to incorporate it.
>
> Write your own url rewriter helper. It's no more than a couple of lines
> perl..
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Nitesh