[squid-users] Authentication between Samba 3 and Squid

From: Adam McCarthy <zeroonetwothree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:25:37 -0500

I am trying to find a way to authenticate Squid usage against my Samba 3 PDC.

I have looked all over Google, but they all end up pointing to Active
Directory or just using Samba to point to an AD server.

I do not have any AD server at all, on my network Samba 3 is king.

Is there any set of instructions somewhere that does not use AD at all?