Re: [squid-users] ACLs based on users based on Samba PDC?

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 07:10:46 -0200

Adam McCarthy escreveu:
> After much fussing, I seem to have a working Squid 2.6 working against
> a Samba 3 PDC.
>
> My only question is now, can I say, ok, if you finds my username, give
> it complete access.
>
> Then perhaps, if it sees user, "bob" perhaps, then it says, only give
> them windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
>
> Then if it sees user "tony, perhaps, only give it, www.tony.com.
>
> Can I do all of these Internet limiting features?

    Sure !!! Just use proxy_auth ACL type for identifying your users,
all the other ACLs for matching your other criterias you need (site,
time, source address, etc)

    then just get yourself some http_access allow/deny rules and there
you go !!!

    but the most important answer for your questions seems to be use the
proxy_auth ACL type .... with that ACL you can identify which user is
logged.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues