[squid-users] WCCP load balancing and TPROXY fully transparent interception

From: Bin Liu <binliu.lqbn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:57:02 +0800

Hi,

I'm going to deploy multiple squid servers in a ISP for HTTP traffic
caching. I'm now considering using WCCP for load balancing and TPROXY
for fully transparent interception.

Here is the problem. As far as I know, Cisco WCCP module does not
maintain connection status, it just redirect packets based on their IP
addresses and ports. I'm just wondering if it's possible that one
squid server(squid A, for example) sends a outbound request, but the
router redirects the corresponding inbound response to another
squid(squid B)? Then that's totally messed.