Re: [squid-users] origin server health detect

From: nitesh naik <niteshnaik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:01:47 +0530

Amos,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried squid2.6 and it works as per requirement . Squid will stop
sending request to origin if origin returns http status code is other
than 2xx.

cache_peer 10.0.0.175 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
monitorurl=/healthcheck.gif monitorinterval=1

Not sure how difficult it is to port it to squid3 as it is already
supported in squid2.6. We will take a look at code and see if we
could port it to squid3.

Regards
Nitesh