Re: [squid-users] squid cache proxy + Exchange 2007 problems

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:47:26 +1300

Retaliator wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i found out after few months i have problems with clients using office 2007
> against exchange 2007.
> if proxy is enabled out of office and more issues wont work becasue squid
> blocks them, the autodiscover service is a part of exchange 2007, if you
> remove the proxy it works.

Please define what you mean by "proxy is enabled".
  do you mean browsers configured with proxy?
  proxy sitting in middle intercepting traffic?
  proxy reversed for acceleration of the exchange server?

> my proxy ip is a real ip, the exchange servers are internal.
> while the user try to use out of office on his client with office 2007 he
> recieves an error
>
> "your out of office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is
> currently unavailable"
>
> on the squid log i see
> TCP_MISS/404 0 CONNECT SERVERNAME.SUBDOMAIN.beeper.co.il:443 - DIRECT/- -
> servername and subdomain are smt else i changed.

Appears that browsers are configured to tunnel requests through a proxy.
you likely need to setup a correct reverse-proxy config to access the
internal servers while outside.

> if i add to internet explorer exceptions to the exchange servers its ok,
> but how can i fix that in squid configuration that the local domain or those
> two servers it will allow/find em?

Amos

--
Please be using