[squid-users] Re: Constant Login Prompt for NTLM Auth against Samba PDC

From: Adam McCarthy <zeroonetwothree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:36:05 -0500

I figured it out to a point:

I had this config, which worked on another setup:

#Samba PDC Auth
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param ntlm children 40
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 40
auth_param basic realm Cache NTLM Authentication
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

Though this setup now works:
auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth 01Networks/Debian-PDC
auth_param ntlm children 5
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

The reason I have two lines commented out on each is because even
though tons of sites claim to use max_challenge but they always error
out. Did something change?