[squid-users] Auto-configuration file hosted by squid

From: Jan Welker <jan.welker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:39:47 +0100

Hi,

We do have three types of client proxy configurations at our company:

1. Direct proxy: proxy.company.com:8080
2. Auto-configuration file: http://proxy.company.com:8080/
3. Auto detect proxy.company.com:80

Clients use ether one of the configuration. The client configuration
can not be changed since we do have a lot of clients.
I redesigned the proxy server since the old one could not handle the
load anymore. The new server runs Squid. Configuration 1 and 3 work
like a charm an I am very happy with it.

My Question for you is:
Is Squid capable of hosting the auto-configuration file? Or is there a
workaround for that?

Thanks,
Jan