Re: [squid-users] Question

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:15:20 +1300

Monah Baki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have 2 squid servers running 2.7 stable 5. One is locally in our data
> center, the other is located remotely on the clients network. Is it
> possible to have whatever cached objects our local server has be
> replicated on the client?

Each squid caches what it can from any data source.
   If traffic flows through your squid on its way to the client, the
objects will propagate down.
Or, if you setup both squid as peers with client squid to prefer
sourcing data from your squid's cache, it will propagate across.

> If yes, in my squid.conf, what should I look for?

depends on your cache_peer config. PARENT_HIT or SIBLING_HIT or similar
source retrieval entries when the objects were retrieved.

They become regular local TCP*_HIT entries while cached.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.1