[squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfer

From: kaustav_deybiswas <kaustav_deybiswas_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:10:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am a squid newbie. I am trying to set up daily download quotas for NCSA
authorized users. I have a daemon running which checks the log files, and
whnever the download limit is reached (for a particular user), it blocks
that user in the config and reconfigures squid (squid -k reconfigure) for
the changes to take effect. The problem is, if an http/ftp transfer is on
(for that user), the changes made in the config doesnt take effect until
that transfer session completes. Is there any way I can interrupt the
download somehow (or say, force squid to re-read its ACL) without affecting
sessions of other users?
Thanks,
Kaustav