[squid-users] Helper

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:01:16 -0600

Hi Squids,

Becase we are aware that a farm of squids cant block a user who shares his
username. I've just programmed a helper to let squid to dont share logins even
if one person logs into squid1 and other into squid2. I've paste it in:
http://pastebin.mandriva.com/1333

It bassically uses LDAP as a common source and writes timestamp and ip for
each user. I suppose this could go to a mini udp server instead a ldap. but
later. I wonder if it satifies all requires to be included in squid branch.

now, I have a situation. Because here we must use digest auth, not all
applications are aware of this. And many users are complaining about
applications. I was thinking of a external helper that let an IP without
authentication works to squid. That IP must be related to username, so if
user logsout (after timeout of login) then that IP would be closed.

Does anyone has done this or can you give me some basic ideas to programm it.

Regards,

LD