[squid-users] Squid Stops Responding Sporadically

From: Marcel Grandemange <thavinci_at_thavinci.za.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:33:24 +0200

Good day.

Im wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
Since ive upgraded to squid3stable10 the proxy continuously stops
responding.
Firefox will say something along the lines of the proxy isn't setup to
accept connections.

I hit refresh and it loads page perfectly, then next page it loads all the
pics half .... and so on..

This has only been introduced in stable10 and isn't the link as I tested
with a neighboring cache running stable9, no issues.

Also for those interested, a while back I had issues with the performance of
squid...
Objects retrieved out of cache never went faster than 400K, turned out when
I changed my cache_dir from aufs to ufs this was resolved, now objects some
down full speed on LAN.