Re: [squid-users] error 401 when going via squid ???

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:25:24 -0900

Kinkie wrote:
> Could you try a more recent version of squid?
> I don't think that 2.6S4 supports proxying content when the server
> only offers ntlm authentication

For what it's worth, any 2.6 (or 2.7) release should perform the
required connection pinning to proxy NTLM authentication...

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/RELEASENOTES.html#toc1

"1. Key changes from squid 2.5
Support for proxying of Microsoft Integrated Login (NTLM & Negotiate)
connection oriented authentication schemes, enabling access to servers
or proxies using such authentication methods."

Chris