RE: [squid-users] disable-internal-dns not working on 2.6.18

From: Joseph Jamieson <jjamieson_at_FutureFoundations.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:26:37 -0500

Hello again.

I followed that document to the letter here, and squid doesn't want to allow any traffic to my cache sites:

---------
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://my.site.com/

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:27:20 GMT by proxy.site.com (squid/2.6.STABLE18)
-----------

This is what I've added to the squid.conf:

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=my.site.com vhost

cache_peer 192.168.5.15 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=moon
acl sites_moon dstdomain my.site.com
cache_peer_access moon allow sites_moon

cache_peer 192.168.5.12 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=triton
acl sites_triton dstdomain terminal.site.com
cache_peer_access triton allow sites_triton

cache_peer 192.168.5.14 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=titan
acl sites_titan dstdomain files.site.com
cache_peer_access titan allow sites_titan

That's all the guide told me to do, so I'm not sure what to do next. Gosh, I wish this wasn't so difficult.

Joe