Re: [squid-users] Large ACLs and TCP_OUTGOING_ADDRESS

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:50:38 +0600

Thanks Amos. The links were very insightful.

However, the 2500req/sec that ShuXin Zheng mentioned (and later achieved
3500req/sec) was in a reverse proxy scenario. Is that also the expected
limit for a regular forward proxy?

I am also using regular commodity 4 x SATA 3.0 Gbps HDDs, compared to SCSI
by ShuXin. Given the speeds SATA can achieve these days, is there any
thumbrule between comparing them?

Regards
HASSAN