[squid-users] Accelerator converts HTTP1.1 to HTTP1.0?

From: Elli Albek <elli_at_sustainlane.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:12:57 -0800

Hi,
I have a simple accelerator configuration for a web server, both squid and
web server running on my local same machine on different ports/IPs.

When I access a static file with the web server port, I see in the web
server log
GET /scripts/util.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -

When I access the same file using the squid port, the web server log is:
GET /scripts/util.js HTTP/1.0" 304 -

I also get the same result using telnet to both servers, and using a
browser:
open 10.10.20.164 8080
GET /scripts/ util.js HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mydomain.com

When I configure squid to go to our production server IP, it is also the
same. Direct access to the ser server from telnet/browser is 1.1, access
from squid using HTTP/1.1 request is logged in the web server as HTTP/1.0.

Any ideas?

This is the squid setup in short:

http_port 127.0.0.4:80 accel defaultsite=www.mydomain.com
cache_peer 10.10.20.164 parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=parent_sl
acl port80 port 80
http_access allow port80
cache_peer_domain parent_sl .mydomain.com

This is in addition to the default config file. I also have a regexp acl to
allow one folder, I think it is not really relevant here (but should be
mentioned).

Thanks

Elli