RE: [squid-users] Recommended Store Size

From: Gregori Parker <Gregori.Parker_at_theplatform.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:18:48 -0800

Of course you can :)

The trick to making these adjustments is having a means to gauge their
benefit/detriment...personally, each of my squid servers have all their
metrics graphed in Cacti and generate a Calamaris report each night, so
I get good hard data that can be compared to a historical baseline. Put
this kind of monitoring in place (especially cacti IMO), and you wont be
tied to rules of thumb.