RE: [squid-users] Change squid binary in flight

From: Lluis Ribes <lribes_at_lavinia.tc>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:07:22 +0100

Hi,

I've finally resolve my problem. I compiled the version 3 STABLE10 with
--with-filedescriptors=8192 and --prefix=/opt/squid. After this, I shutdown
down Squid, I ran "make install" and squid was installed in the same Debian
default location (/opt/squid/), but only the binary: my config file doesn't
change it :)

The last step wasn't configure max_filedescriptors parameter in squid.conf,
because this parameter doesn't work, I don't know why... the last step was
to write the line "ulimit -n 8192" in the startup script
(/etc/init.d/squid), at the beginning.

I started squid (/etc/init.d/squid) and now I'm running with 8192 file
descriptors!

Thanks all for your help!

Lluís Ribes