RE: [squid-users] Can squid acted as a application SSL proxy

From: 李春 <chunli5ren_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:35:34 +0800

Thanks for you help.
But I am sorry you may mistook my meaning entirely.
I do not need the http proxy and cache functionality of squid.
I just wander that if the squid can receive the client SSL connetion( or packages)
, decode it and tranfer the data with no SSL to the server as a transparent layer.
squid using SSL may be like this:
--------
http data
--------
SSL
--------
TCP/IP
--------
But I wonder if the squid can act like this
--------
my application data
--------
SSL
--------
TCP/IP
--------
Thanks very much.
yours,
Pickup.Li

> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:54:08 +0100
> From: uhlar_at_fantomas.sk
> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Can squid acted as a application SSL proxy
>
> On 27.11.08 09:45, 李春 wrote:
>
> Please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
>
>> I have a client/server application program and want to add SSL module to
>> it to secure the data transferring on the network. I wander that if I can
>> use the squid as a SSL proxy between client and server. The squid will
>> configurated as a reserve proxy and located in the application server's
>> environment. The client and squid contact with SSL connection. Just like
>> this:
>> <-(no SSL)-- <-(SSL)--
>> Server Squid client
>> --(no SSL)-> --(SSL)->
>>
>> I know squid can act as web proxy like this using "https_port". But I am curious that if I can make use of squid like this.
>
> Yes, that's what https_port is for. Just properly configure squid as reverse
> proxy.
>
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
新版手机MSN,新功能,新体验!满足您的多彩需求!
http://mobile.msn.com.cn