Re: [squid-users] Number of Spindles

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:31:38 +0600

Thankx Amos, for the quick answer. This book is indeed old, Jan 2004. But
it was interesting to see this comment, because it discusses all the storage
schemes: ufs, aufs, diskd, coss & null. Perhaps he was only mentioning ufs.

I have a short question:

Duane also says to resize the L1 and L2 values in storage scheme to
reasonable values so that each folder holds just a few hundred files. I'm
using the default values, and my object count is 7M, making it a 3.3k+
objects per folder. Should I be concerned about this?

Regards
HASSAN