RE: [squid-users] errors while opening sites

From: Sameer Shinde <s2sameer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 07:37:11 +0000

Just to update you all,

I've updated from squid2.6 to squid3.0 stable1. which I could get on Ubuntu site.
Now checking for the errors, system under observation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks & Regards,
Sameer Shinde.
Sr. Customer Support Engineer,
Email:- s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
M:- +91 98204 61580
http://www.geocities.com/s9sameer
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

> From: s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
> To: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz
> CC: msebedio_at_invap.com.ar; squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 06:09:19 +0000
> Subject: RE: [squid-users] errors while opening sites
>

> Amos,
>
> The negative_ttl was set to Defaults, which I've now set to 0.
> The negative_dns_ttl is unset ( as a Default), so I've not made any changes in this.
> Let's see if this works.
>
>> Also check that they are actually being generated by your own squid, your
> didn't understand this...?
>
>> upstream ISP may be having trouble with an old transparent proxy.
> Do u mean this is an old proxy, as I've updated all the packages for Ubuntu from there repository site. & 2.6 is the only latest version which I could get.
> Although I know, in real it is not the latest version, as the latest stable version of squid is 3.0 stable 10, to which I want to anyway update.
> But I was waiting to resolve this problem 1st & once everything works properly, I wanted to upgrade it to 3.0
> So far I'm searching for the documentation for, how to upgrade the squid 3.0 in ubuntu as some parameters are changed in Ubuntu
> & I need to do the customized installation.
> Anyone Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sameer Shinde.
> Sr. Customer Support Engineer,
> Email:- s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
> M:- +91 98204 61580
> http://www.geocities.com/s9sameer
> If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
>

>> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:45:35 +1300
>> Subject: RE: [squid-users] errors while opening sites
>> From: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz
>> To: s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
>> CC: msebedio_at_invap.com.ar; squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
>>

>>> Dear Mariel,
>>>
>>> This is not happening about any particular site. This can happening with
>>> any site
>>> & in next 3-5mins time the same site/web page works properly.
>>>

>> Just a thought.
>> Check that negative_ttl is set to 0 seconds (default when unset on older
>> squid was 5 minutes which is suspiciously similar) and that
>> negative_dns_ttl is at least 10 seconds (or unset for default).
>>
>> Also check that they are actually being generated by your own squid, your
>> upstream ISP may be having trouble with an old transparent proxy.
>>
>> Amos

>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>> Sameer Shinde.
>>> Sr. Customer Support Engineer,
>>> Email:- s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
>>> M:- +91 98204 61580
>>> http://www.geocities.com/s9sameer
>>> If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

> Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows Mobile®.

Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now. Download now.