Re: [squid-users] changing time in squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:43:14 +1300

Sameer Shinde wrote:
> How to upgrade the squid in Ubuntu 8.0.4 as I tried to update /upgrade the squid but it is not going beyond the latest installed version.
>
> I tried to download & install the source code from the squid site but I'm getting the configuration error.
>
> the squid on ubuntu runs with proxy:proxy as a default user:group. Whereas the squid uses squid:squid as user:group
> which I'm not able to configure.
> Also the default install location of squid is in /etc/squid in ubuntu where as in squid default it is something else.
> Due to all such problems I'm not able to upgrade the squid to the latest version, rather if I can be able to resolve these issues,
> I would be very glad to move to the latest stable version.
>
> I hope someone can give me way out of it.

Make a backup of your /etc/apt/sources.list file.
  - Then change all the entries of 'hardy' to 'intrepid'
  - run: apt-get update && apt-get install squid3
  - expect to see some squid packages and libdb upgraded, not much more.
  - replace the original source.list file
  - then run: apt-get update
  - fully stop and re-start squid

This last is very important if you don't want to upgrade your whole
server to the Ubuntu 8.10.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1