Re: [squid-users] redirect large files via second provider

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:37:12 +0100

On 08.12.08 07:30, mvard wrote:
> my squid box has 2 internet providers.
> how can it be configured to proxy large file downloads via concrete
> provider?

very, very hard. Squid does not know the size of object before it fetches
it. Sometimes it CAN send HEAD request prior to GET request, and sometimes
it gets the size in the reply, but that's not always, and sending HEAD prior
to each GET would slow down fetching each object very much.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?