Re: [squid-users] Squid3 just Died

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:11:58 +0100

ons 2008-12-10 klockan 00:00 -0400 skrev Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A.:

> I then decided to also delete, actually rename, access.log and store.log
> files. This time when I restarted, it worked. I had to do it that way
> because that was the only solution I found. I there is another way to
> restore all the previous objects please let me know.

Most likely you hit the magic 2GB barrier on access.log or store.log..
32-bit applications by default are limited to 2GB file sizes, and the OS
will abruptly kill any application trying to write to a file making it
larger than 2GB..

Squid can be built with support for large files (a configure flag). Or
run a 64-bit OS (if you hardware is 64-bit capable. Most are today)
where this is a non-issue for 64-bit applications.