Re: [squid-users] is squid suitable for dynamic application?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:33:35 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Ken DBA <mysqld_at_yahoo.cn> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to choose a reverse proxy for one of our dynamic applications.That application is powered by modperl, running on a host with heavy load.
>
> Is squid suitable for this pure dynamic application? Will it improve the performance?

If it works for Wikipedia, it can work for everyone.
It's not magic tho; in order to get the best results your application
must be coded in a way that makes it aware of the infrastructure, e.g.
performing cache invalidation so that you can be more aggressive in
the default caching patterns. Just like Wikipedia does ;)

There are quite a few articles and interviews about that setup; you'll
want to google them.

--
    /kinkie