Re: [squid-users] preferred DNS config

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:19:40 +0100

On 15.12.08 16:35, Chris Robertson wrote:
> It really depends on your situation, but I personally feel the more
> caching, the better. Have a local instance of BIND (or djbdns or
> dnsmasq) which uses the upstream name server as a forwarder.

although some people on bind-users discouraged others from using forwarders
on BIND, imho it's still better to use local copy of BIND server for
resolving of not just squid but all users and services.

Bind is better if you have some local domains, use local IPs (and they have
reverse lookups).

Bind should be configured to answer all private, local (rfc 1918 and
rfc3330) IP ranges no matter if you use them.

I recommend using local BIND :)

A day without sunshine is like, night.