RE: [squid-users] time format of error page

From: Sameer Shinde <s2sameer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:02:03 +0000

> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:58:04 +1300
> Subject: RE: [squid-users] time format of error page
> From: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz
> To: s2sameer_at_hotmail.com
> CC: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz; squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
>

>> Amos,
>>
>>> Okay. How exactly are you configuring Squid to use it?
>>
>> I've created a simple html web-stie running in apache2 in the same server.
>> I'm using squidguard to block the sites & if someone access
>> these sites, it redirects the users to this website. Now I want to
>> display this message (Generated on.....), in this web-page. So that I can
>> give the squid touch to this web-page & looks more realistic.
>
> Ah, okay. Right.
>
> Those format codes will only work on internally formatted error pages
> generated by squid itself. It's possible to add the page as a template in
> the errors directory and load it through Squid. I thought that was what
> you were doing when you asked for the formats.
>
> For remotely generated pages (deny_info, redirects, etc) you will need
> some javascript or other dynamic code to create the text where the % codes
> are.
> You know already what the final result needs to look like.
>
> Amos

Somewhere down the line, I was also thing the same that, eigther I'll have to do some kind
of java or php scripting for that. I just don't wanted to do java scripting as sometimes ppl
block the java scripting also it gives compatibility issue when checked with firefox and IE.
So thought of using the same squid lingo, as its inbuild & ready for my use along with the squid.
but no...... I've to do scripting.....