RE: [squid-users] GET and POST Method Characters

From: Gregori Parker <Gregori.Parker_at_theplatform.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:18:23 -0800

A 12K URL is most likely an attempt to exploit, and should be denied.
Moving to 2.7/3.x will enable 8192 byte URLs, so this 12K URL you speak
of will still be denied...if you think it's legit and really want Squid
to proxy it, then you can redefine MAX_URL in inc/defines.h before
compiling, but keep in mind that this isn't tested or recommended.