[squid-users] Problem configure squid 3.1

From: Wilson Hernandez <wh_at_msdrd.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:49:44 -0400

Hello.
Me again.

It seems that everyhting I try to do can't go smoothly. Now, I'm trying
to get squid-3.1.0.3 installed in my system trying to upgrade from an
older version but now come accross a problem when I run ./configure
I get the following error (I searched the internet but, can't get a
solutions) :

checking for C++ compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: ./configure failed for lib/libTrie

I removed the previous squid version which was installed as a package.

Please help.

Thanks.