Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy - accelerate sites caching static content

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 00:08:38 +1300

Wj wrote:
> Hi all,
> first of all i'm italian so: sorry for my bad english
>
> I've installed squid on a Centos VPS, i've configured it and it's
> working in reverse proxy mode ( i can load the site entering the VPS
> ip in my browser)
>
> The problem: the sites still load all content from the originserver,
> without boost the site...
> How can i modify squid.conf to cache all the static content forever?
> (image and some html pages)

Each page is supposed to be sent with an expiry or cache-control and
Last-modified headers from the web server. To set expiry times for proxy
different to web browsers use the s-* options meaning 'server' for the
proxy times.

As a backup refresh_pattern can be used to squelch expiry. But that is a
very sub-optimal solution.

> Second question:
> Squid load the original content from my local server connected to
> internet with two 512k(upload) ADSL. Can i use both connections?
> Perhaps inserting them like 2 different servers from differt static IP
> (pointing on the same local server) ?

* If * the web srerver has different IPs on each of its listening links...

Two cache_peer entries. One with each of the servers link IPs.
Load balance between the links with 'round-robin'/'weighted-round-robin'
option, or one as 'default' and the other as backup if the main dies.

> Thanks and sorry again for my bad english

Better than most english speakers. :)

Amos

--
Please be using