Re: [squid-users] SquidGuard Replacement

From: Philipp Rusch - New Vision-IT <philipp.rusch_at_newvision-it.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:02:22 +0100

Thomas Raef schrieb:
> How do you figure that ufdb Guard is "sub-optimal"?
>
> Yes you can use shalla lists with this.
>
> I suggest you contact the owner and discuss your needs with him. He
> reads this list so I think he'll be available.
>
> Thomas J. Raef
> www.ebasedsecurity.com <http://www.ebasedsecurity.com>
> "You're either hardened, or you're hacked!"

Thomas,
I did not say that ufdbguard is a "suboptimal" solution.
ALL I wanted to express with my mail was, that Joseph's
search for a solution was leading to a somewhat suboptimal setup.
He already had everything in place and encountered some problems,
so I advised him to search for the reasons of that problem and solve
them instaed of replacing components on a trial and error basis.
And despite the possible second meaning of my original posting,
I really wasn't trying to offend somebody.
AND, btw, please keep in mind that english is not my mother's tongue.

Regards from Germany,
Philipp

in his setup