Re: [squid-users] Transparent but not intercepting proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 03:15:34 +1300

NTPT wrote:
> it is not for applicaions that need to know an IP address of the client,
> but for web traffic acceleration and traffic shaping purposees.
> Intercepting proxy is "all or nothing scenario" on ISP site and
> customers can not voluntairy switch it on/off themselfs.
>
> My idea is to allow users to set proxy in their browser to use (or not)
> our SQUID server, but we need their IP addresses to be preserved by
> squid (like in intercepting + tproxy scenario) for traffic shaping and
> control purposes.

Okay. Assuming you are using standard QoS traffic shaping techniques you
actually want to get Squid to set the TOS field values for you.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/tcp_outgoing_tos/

This can be set for any of the fast accessible request details. You want
to look at client IPs (src ACL) or receiving port (myport, myportname)

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3