[squid-users] Transfer-Encoding: chunked

From: Adam Squids <reversesquid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:19:51 +0200

Hello,

I'm using a reverse squid for caching purposes. When requesting a page
in my site via HTTP/1.1 I see : Transfer-Encoding: chunked
I understand that HTTP/1.1 has the ability to "cut up" a large server
response and send it one chunk at a time.

What would happen to my site if I remove chunked encoding?
Will it slow it down? let's say the pages are big and it would be more
efficiant to use chucks for the response, but what if I don't?
Could it be that some clients will not support that?

Thanks a million,

Adam