[squid-users] NTLM Authenticator Reserved status problem

From: Razvan Grigore <esteticu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:58:11 +0200

Hello all,

After I started my NTLM squid3.0STABLE10 configuration in production,
I noticed in cache manager that after about 30 min, some of the ntlm_auth
helper is going in R state, one by one at 10 min interval and they
never comes back.
This is explained by R = RESERVED or DEFERRED in help note.

If I reload configuration, new helpers are opened, and the reserved ones
are changing status to RS, but they are never stopped until I completely
restart squid, or manually kill the PID's.

What is the problem? There are no other problems with working configuration.

Razvan