[squid-users] Connection time out error with tproxy

From: <viveksnv_at_aol.in>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:55:59 -0500

Amos,

Thanks again for your reply.

We have configured squid + Tproxy + WCCP and client ip is redirect to
the web server, but browser shows a connection timeout(110) error and
it takes a long time even to display this error message. The access.log
shows long timestamp value.

forward log shows the request has been forwarded. Squid wotks perfectly
fine when configured as transparent proxy.

We need your valuable advice and if possible can you point out few
areas where are all the possibilities for the problems to arise.

Thanks,
vk

viveksnv_at_aol.in wrote:

> Amos,

> Thanks for your reply.

> Sorry, we are not using TPROXY but cttporxy 2.6.20-2.0.6, iptables
1.3.8
> and linux kernal 2.6.20.21.

> Cisco IOS 2800 Ver 12.4 (13b)

> WCCP+Tranparent proxy works good. Trproxy without wccp works well by
not
> revealing the server ip and only displaying the client ip. But once
the
> wccp is enabled with tproxy, the sever ip is revealed instead of the
> client ip.

> Please scroll down below to check our previous mails.

> Any suggestions please.

Other than checking your squid is built with --enable-linux-tproxy,
none
from me sorry.

cttproxy was obsolete and officially unsupported before I ever heard of
it.

Amos